Empowered Solutions For IT Professionals: Custom Workshops
Forrester offers custom Empowered Workshops specifically for IT leaders and their teams. These Workshops are designed to help you define an empowered strategy, create an empowered security model, implement an empowered social program, and harness employee-led technology innovation. Workshops can be tailored to your needs and delivered either at your site or at a Forrester office, with your selection of participants and emphasis.
Building Your Empowered Strategy
Audience: CIOs, CEOs, and Executive Team Members
We can deliver this Workshop in one of two formats: C-Suite or CIO team. For the CEO and CxO team, the Workshop includes a potentially abbreviated agenda with a strong education component and an executive-focused problem-solving session to begin outlining your empowered strategy by:
- Discovering where empowerment is happening or should happen in your organization.
- Identifying what you need to do differently to support these empowering activities.
- Creating the right security approach to empowered employees.
- Building an execution road map to make employee empowerment a guiding principle of your company.
We can also customize the agenda for the CIO team to create consensus around what empowerment means for your organization and together build an action plan to harness groundswell technologies.
Securing The Empowered Enterprise
Audience: Enterprise Architecture Professionals and Security & Risk Professionals
The new role of security within an empowered organization is no longer to lock down technology. Instead, you must extend the security perimeter out to employees and the data they access without compromising safety. In this Workshop, Forrester will customize an agenda for Security & Risk teams — CISO/CSO, VP/Director/Managers of Security, Security Architects — to help your team build an action plan based on:
- Understanding why empowered employees are important to business and why security professionals have to support, not hinder, them.
- An in-depth overview of security, compliance, and privacy risks associated with empowering an organization, with a specific look at risks associated with social, mobile, video, and cloud technologies.
- Specific steps to follow to construct a security and risk policy that keeps employees and information safe.
- The insight to work with business managers and employees as an enabling partner in the empowered transformation.
Empowering Employees With Social Technology
Audience: CIOs and IT Leaders
This Workshop is for CIOs and peers on the leadership team looking to empower employees by developing a coherent social technology strategy for the business. By bringing together key stakeholders around a common agenda, you will align peoples' knowledge and expectations, create shared objectives, identify barriers and opportunities, and build an Empowered action plan by:
- Assessing your organization's empowerment maturity.
- Developing a social strategy framework based on the POST methodology.
- Building a plan for social change and empowerment.
- Developing the elements of a social policy.
- Creating a governance structure to keep social investments on track.
- Identifying key social applications.
- Developing a deployment strategy to support empowerment.
Creating An Innovation Program To Tap Employees' Ideas
Audience: CIOs and IT Leaders
Empowered employees are a key source of innovative ideas and solutions for solving customer and business problems. And groundswell technology — mobile, social, video, and cloud — puts the tools of empowerment into the hands of employees directly. So how can you identify and tap this value source of technology-led innovation? This Workshop will help CIOs and peers on the leadership team to:
- Establish an innovation program based on best practices and proven success.
- Marshal the resources.
- Establish a program of activities.
- Select the right technology.
For more information about Forrester's Empowered Workshops and other offerings for IT professionals, contact us.